Mapping is not Music
MnM is a set of Max/MSP externals based on FTMlib providing a unified framework for various techniques of classification, recognition and mapping for motion capture data, sound and music.
Features currently implemented in MnM include:
- Hidden Markov Models, see for example Gesture Follower
- Principal Components Analysis
- Singular Value Decomposition, LU and QR decompositions
- Non-negative Matrix Factorization and sparse decomposition
- multi-dimensionnal M to N mapping based on examples
- Multi-dimensioannal autocorrelation
- Matrix/Vector Statistics (min, max, mean, std, histogram, mahalanobis distance)
The MnM package is released within the FTM distributions.
- NIME 2006 paper on MnM (PDF)